The short version:
- 1GB or larger USB flash drive
- HP-USB Format tool
Here is the tutorial:
Warning: DO NOT RUN makeboot.exe from your local hard drive!! It is intended to be run from your USB device.
- Download the HP-USB Format tool and format your flash drive using the Fat or Fat32 option.
- Download the USBMM+SLAX.zip
- Extract the contents of the USBMM+SLAX.zip to your “flash drive”.
- Browse to your “flash drive” and click the Makeboot.exe
- follow the on screen instructions.
- Reboot your computer and set your system BIOS to boot from USB-HDD or USB-ZIP. Also set the boot priority if necessary.
Log into PCLinuxOS using the username:root and password:root or guest and guest.
Log into SLAX using username: root Password: toor
Sweet, now if we can just switch slax for backtrack 2.0 we are off and running!!