Meet GIGAGET, the only download manager that I will use from now on.
I found it by just buming around nonags (great site for free, no adware, no spyware apps), and I came upon this little gem. I am now smitten like a little scholl girl with this app that even integrates itself with firefox.
DL it HERE:
Gigaget 1.21 for Win9x/NT4/ME/Win2k/XP (2 mb)
From NonagsPLUS (Members) Virus & Spyware Checked (2 mb)
Updated: Feb 01, 2006
Description: Gigaget utilizes cutting-edge Net Grid technology that improves your download speed by 7-10 times. It features:
Free and safe
* 100% free
* No adware or
* No registration required
* Data transfer encrypted
Easy to use and manage
* Simple and advance mode, fit for both rookies and advanced users.
* Powerful Task Manager, easy to organize downloaded files
More than fast
* Ultra-fast download speed experience
* Auto data integrity validation and correction
* Import/export download list, easy to share with friends
Multi file formats and browsers Support
* Compatiable with major browsers-Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Firefox,
* Major streaming protocol support, including MMS/RTSP/Flash
* Intelligent Web Analysis, helping you find the URL (out of a web page)
Advanced Intelligent Functions
* Intelligent Disk Cache system which protects your hard disk from
* Intelligent Prompt System, providing useful information and suggestions
for each specific situation.
* Unique Error Diagnosis function, helping users find the reasons and
solutions on failed tasks.
Enjoy, I know I do. Makes downloading from VXChaos Server A breese, and can even grab .wmv files if someone is mental enough to not hide their vid behind an flv file.