This is pretty sweet. I wonder how long it will stay up?
Welcome to vNES
The Virtual Nintendo Entertainment System with 395 Games!
Here, you can play NES Games in your browser, using Java Applet Technology. All you need is Java 1.5.0 or higher. If you need to upgrade, click here. Before you begin, please make sure you understand the controls. The controller at top will always remain there, for reference. We are not affiliated with Nintendo in any way. This is an emulator. It was built so we would have something to do.
Notice: Double-Click the screen before trying to play. Also, you’ll need decent hardware to use vNES. Firefox is also a good choice. All in all, a low-end P3 with 192 MB of RAM should work. Also, turn off your media players before trying to play vNES.
October 9, 2006 – News.
Getting lots of emails lately, and there’s a few things I want to make clear.
- The User Interface will be partially redesigned.
- Yes, I’m increasing the font size. It is too small.
- A save game system is in the works. Give me some time.
- Whoever is linking to me, thanks.
- With the new interface, you can disable sound.
- You will soon be able to map your own controls.
- Right now, *nix isn’t supported, but does work on Mac/Intel and possibly G4.
The controlls are all on your keyboard. See that little controller image in the upper right hand corner. It tells you what buttons to mash.