This is absolutely amazing.
PIC via MAKE:
Absolutely friggin amazing.
Here’s what MAKE had to say:
Ben Heckendorn made a freaking Xbox 360 laptop, (buy his book, seriously) he writes – “A friend of mine asked back in May “Can you build an Xbox 360 laptop?” And I responded “Sure, can you pay for it?” He agreed, and thus I set forth on what was surely to be my most complex and insanely ridiculous videogame project yet…
- Uses a 17″ wide (diagonal) 1280×720 progressive-scan LCD VGA monitor (for HD-level resolutions) Thus you can actually read the text in Dead Rising.
- Water-cooled with custom-built radiator. Allows for a slimmer main body versus the mammoth heat sinks in a stock 360.
- Built-in keyboard and Wi-Fi.
- USB hub allows original number of 3 USB ports for user.
- All-aluminum case, except for plastic keyboard / ring of light / screen control area.
- Uses single customized “expanded” power supply brick for both screen and Xbox 360.
- Breakout ports on back allow hookup to component TV, VGA monitor, sound system (analog or TOSlink) and even crummy composite video.
- Size: 16.75″ x 10.75″ x 2.8″ Weight: 14 pounds (with water loaded)
I see it and I still don’t believe it. Big ups to benheck for this DIY greatness.
I only see one problem…no battery.
Still its kewl as fuck!!